Looking for health insurance? Banner Health provides not only high-quality healthcare, but insurance options that make things easier when you or a loved one need care.
Banner Medicare Advantage
With Banner Medicare Advantage, you can choose between a Medicare Advantage Part C Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan and a Medicare Advantage Part C Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan. We provide all the services under Medicare Parts A and B of traditional Medicare, as well as provide Medicare Part D Prescription Drug coverage. Find a plan that works for you.
- Banner Medicare Advantage Prime HMO - Banner Medicare Advantage Prime HMO is a Medicare Advantage Part C Health Maintenance Organization. Banner Prime includes all the services under Original Medicare Parts A and B, as well as Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage and more. Some of these additional benefits include dental, hearing, vision, over-the-counter (OTC) allowances, fitness benefits and in-home meal programs. With Banner Prime, you’ll get both quality health care and comprehensive insurance coverage in a single plan, making it easier for you to stay healthy.
- Banner Medicare Advantage Plus PPO - Banner Medicare Advantage Plus PPO is a Medicare Advantage Part C Preferred Provider Organization. Banner Plus includes all the services under Original Medicare Parts A and B, as well as Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage and more. Some of these additional benefits include dental, hearing, vision, over-the-counter (OTC) allowances, fitness benefits and in-home meal programs. With Banner Plus, you’ll get both quality health care and comprehensive insurance coverage in a single plan, making it easier for you to stay healthy.
Banner|Aetna a joint venture between Aetna® and Banner Health was created to improve quality, affordability and the patient/member experience for members in Arizona. The company combines Banner’s care management capabilities and high-quality facilities, providers and delivery system with Aetna’s leading health plan expertise, cutting-edge analytics and health information technology. Owned by both an insurance company AND a health system, Banner|Aetna is uniquely aligned on incentives that typically divide priorities between a payer and provider. This complete alignment strengthens the companies’ shared commitment to reward value over volume of care for the delivery of better outcomes and lower health care costs. And the savings achieved by streamlining care and services are passed on to employers and members creating a cost savings ecosystem.
Banner|Aetna’s goal is to create a different and better approach to the overall health care experience by:
- Offering networks that provide the broadest coverage both in and outside of Arizona, alongside performance and value-based networks that focus on enhanced clinical management for optimal claim savings.
- Providing more convenient ways to access providers, whether it is in person or virtually. They also offer convenient access points, including an on-demand primary care text-based service through 98point6, telemedicine with in-network providers, walk-in clinics, CVS MinuteClinics® and HealthHUB® Locations, Banner Urgent Care, Banner Specialty Pharmacy and much more.
- Deploying a unique “feet on the street” coordinated-care approach, to better manage high-risk members, including 24/7 access to triage nurses, all of which is delivered by Banner Health.
Learn more about Banner|Aetna and our Employer and Individual & Family plans.
Banner Health Network
Banner Health Network is an integrated network for Medicare and private health plans. It is comprised of 3,000 Banner Health-affiliated physicians and advanced practice providers, 15 Phoenix-area Banner Health hospitals and a variety of other medical facilities.
Banner Network Southern Arizona
Banner Network Southern Arizona is a collaborative, clinically integrated network to serve Tucson and surrounding communities. The network features local physician leadership, coordinated care and technology tools that make patient care easier.
Banner Network Colorado
Banner Network Colorado (BNC) is a provider network serving Medicare ACO and commercial policy holders in Larimer and Weld counties in northern Colorado’s Front Range. The comprehensive network includes more than 300 primary care physicians and specialists, three acute care hospitals, coupled with surgery centers, laboratory services, home care and medical equipment.
Banner – University Health Plans
Banner – University Health Plans is a nonprofit, regional health plan dedicated to serving the health and insurance needs of the people of Arizona. For over 20 years, we have provided access to best-in-class health care with unparalleled compassion and responsiveness to help members live healthy and well. Banner - University Health Plan’s product portfolio includes Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare Special Needs Plans.
Banner - University Health Plan falls under the Insurance Division of Banner Health, one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the country. B – UHP is based in Tucson, Arizona and serves over 275,000 members in ten Arizona Counties. Learn more about our plans.
- Banner – University Family Care - Banner – University Family Care offers two types of health plans, AHCCCS Complete Care (ACC) and Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS). To qualify for either plan, Arizona residents must meet certain income and eligibility requirements under Arizona’s Medicaid program, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS).
- AHCCCS Complete Care (ACC) - Banner – University Family Care/ACC (B – UFC/ACC) is a health plan that provides integrated care, both physical and behavioral health services. Members under B – UFC/ACC receive coordination of care between providers within the same network. Integrated care improves health outcomes for our members and care coordination between providers. Our service areas include the following counties: Cochise, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Maricopa, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz and Yuma. Learn more about AHCCCS Complete Care (ACC).
- Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) - Banner – University Family Care/ALTCS is a health plan for individuals who are age 65 or older, or who have a disability, and who require nursing facility level of care. Care and services may be provided in an assisted living facility, a home, or community-based setting. Our service areas include the following counties: Cochise, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Maricopa, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz and Yuma. Learn more about Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS).
- Banner – University Care Advantage HMO SNP - Banner – University Care Advantage is a specialized Medicare Advantage health plan, also known as a Special Needs Plan (SNP). B – UCA is designed specifically for people who have both Medicare and AHCCCS* (Arizona’s Medicaid program). Members must be entitled to Medicare Part A, enrolled in Medicare B and AHCCCS, and reside in a contracted service area in order to be eligible. Our service areas include the following counties: Cochise, Gila, Graham, Greenlee, La Paz, Maricopa, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz and Yuma. Learn more about Banner - University Care Advantage HMO SNP.
Banner – University Care Advantage is an HMO SNP with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Banner – University Care Advantage depends on contract renewal.
*Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) is Arizona’s Medicaid program.
Banner Health provides healthcare insurance as one of its employee benefits.